Find a career in banking, finance, marketing, operations, and much more within the Farm Credit System.Search Careers
Career Opportunity: Loan Documentation Specialist
Located in Fresno, California, Fresno Madera Farm Credit has been providing quality credit and financial services to American farmers and ranchers since 1917.
The Loan Documentation Specialist is responsible for reviewing and preparing a wide variety of new loans, loan servicing actions, legal documentation and answering inquiries.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to, the following:
*1. Receive and track loan files. Recognize discrepancies in instructions and noncompliance with policies and procedures, and respond appropriately. Request clarification and supporting documentation from loan officers as needed.
*2. Independently prepare legal documentation according to loan request and approval. Documents include releases, terminations, reconveyances, assignments, financing statements, and deeds of trust. Prepare periodic reports to generate status changes for loans.
*3. Answer inquiries and provide information to branch personnel, and/or direct other questions to the appropriate person.
*4. Update and maintain computer logs and ticklers. Generate management reports.
*5. Request title and UCC searches. Create and maintain ticklers for monitoring UCC and outstanding loan related items.
*6. Work directly with loan officer to expedite loan process.
*7. Pre-certification of loans; verify to insure association is in first lien position.
*8. Review loan files for completeness, including loan approvals, title reports, appraisals, applications and supporting information including entity documents. Request missing information as needed, compile and maintain loan files.
*9. Compose and prepare correspondence. Edit and proof various loan-related documents.
*10. This position requires regular attendance with overtime requirements as needed during periods of high volume workload. Duties must be performed with a sense of urgency for the betterment of FMFC so that deadlines and the customer’s needs are met.
*11. Other functions that may be assigned
- AA degree in a business related field or equivalent experience.
- At least two years experience documenting mortgage and/or commercial loans, title company and/or escrow experience.
- Knowledge of legal requirements for documenting loans secured by real and personal property. Understanding of title insurance practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated planning, problem solving and organization skills. Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions within delegated authorities and time pressures while providing highly accurate work. Demonstrated proficiency in meeting deadlines. Must balance department efficiency and promotion of customer service initiatives while adhering to the Association policies and procedures.
- Excellent proficiency using electronic spreadsheet, word processing, e-mail, publishing and database software. Preferably Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Publisher and Access.
- Exceptional verbal, written, analytical, persuasive and interpersonal skills. Ability to interact professionally, effectively, and positively with all levels of employees, management, and vendors. Ability to maintain proactive communication with supervisor in regards to all issues, including but not limited to: project status reports, overall workload status reports, assistance needed, areas of concern/potential problems, and requests for leave.
- Thorough knowledge in correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary.