Find a career in banking, finance, marketing, operations, and much more within the Farm Credit System.Search Careers
Career Opportunity: Insurance Associate
Badgerland Financial is part of the Farm Credit System, nationwide network of cooperative lending institutions that provide credit and related financial services to farmers, ranchers, rural residents and agribusinesses. Headquartered in Baraboo, Wisconsin Badgerland Financial has 21 branch offices located throughout the 33 counties in southern Wisconsin it is chartered to serve. Badgerland Financial has a $2 billion loan portfolio and it's 220+ employees work with more than 8,000 customer/members and provide an array of products and services. These products and services include: operating and installment loans; real estate loans; home loans; leasing services; tax preparation, planning and counseling; estate and succession planning; farm accounting, consulting and analysis; crop insurance; livestock insurance; life insurance; electronic banking; and appraisals.
POSITION PURPOSE Provide direct and primary support to staff to meet annual insurance sales goals including direct sales, providing high quality service to new and existing customers; and providing insurance sales/marketing and servicing assistance to Badgerland staff. Enhance the quality of Badgerland insurance services by maintaining a thorough understanding of insurance programs and providing service that exceeds customer expectations. Support the efficient and effective delivery of insurance services to Badgerland customers.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE An associate’s degree in agriculture or a business related field. Specific insurance industry work experience may substitute for the academic degree. Other skills include communication, interpersonal relations, public speaking and presentation skills. Having a working knowledge of farm operations, the agriculture industry, accounting practices, insurance processing and servicing is preferred. The incumbent must acquire and maintain all applicable licenses to sell offered insurance products and services.
DIMENSION AND DECISION MAKING The incumbent has no direct supervisory responsibilities and will report to the Team Lead/Crop Insurance Specialist.
Independent judgment is required in organizing workload, meeting servicing deadlines and marketing. Assists with new client sales, servicing and marketing, conducts product explanations and presents a professional image. Work requires the planning of own time, scheduling of details, selection of daily office procedures, and determining how to best assemble or collect information. Incumbent is expected to follow established policies, procedures, and standard instructions which usually provide some latitude to consider various methods in completing tasks. Questionable matters are to be referred to the supervisor. Work involves constant opportunity for error, limited to periodic spot check or examination by other team members. Such errors, if undetected, could have an impact on customer satisfaction.
MAJOR CHALLENGES The position is challenged by intense competition in most services offered and must be knowledgeable of competition. The incumbent must provide accurate, efficient, timely, and courteous service to customers to gain a competitive advantage.
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS The incumbent has daily contact with Badgerland staff and customers; and frequent contact with insurance companies, and other related personnel including insurance adjusters, insurance underwriters. On occasion, interaction with professionals in the agribusiness community and other Associations will transpire.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Develop and maintain expertise in insurance products available through Badgerland. (20%)
2. Communicate clearly to customers how risk management products and optional coverage's meet their particular needs and package Badgerland’s products that satisfy those specific customer needs. (20%)
3. Maintain the customer relationship management and document management software to track sales, claims, settlements, cancellations, and premiums; process mailings, newsletters, acreage reports, and production certifications in support of the sales process. (5%)
4. Provide direct support to regional staff in meeting insurance sales goals by assisting with sales and service of Badgerland products to new and existing customers. (10%)
5. Provide product knowledge and training to Badgerland staff. (5%)
6. Enhance Badgerland’s image and reputation as a responsive, professional, quality provider of risk management services through positive member and public relations and effective, efficient customer service. (20%)
7. Dependent on workload, provide support to Assistant with day-to-day tasks such as mailings, data entry, filing, etc. Support workload will depending on Associate location and office needs. (5%)
8. Manage all stand alone Crop hail policies for assigned territories. (15%)