Find a career in banking, finance, marketing, operations, and much more within the Farm Credit System.Search Careers
Career Opportunity: Intern
Farm Credit Services Southwest employs highly trained individuals in a variety of positions. We also seek to recruit and develop a diverse workforce of highly qualified and motivated employees.
Farm Credit Services Southwest (“FCSSW”) is a member-owned cooperative which provides credit and credit-related services to or for the benefit of eligible borrower/stockholders for qualified agricultural purposes in Imperial County in the state of California and in the state of Arizona. FCSSW finances a variety of agricultural operations including cotton, alfalfa, dairy, and livestock producers. The internship provides an opportunity for students who are interested in becoming agricultural professionals to learn about FCSSW’s corporate culture and its industry partners.
Performs a variety of tasks under close supervision including two (2) commodity studies, job shadowing and other activities to learn first-hand about Arizona and Imperial Valley, California agriculture. Working with an assigned mentor for the duration of internship. Participating in hands-on experience with FCSSW’s agricultural partners and customers. Presenting monthly updates on internship projects at staff meetings. Filling out profit and loss statements, demonstrating understanding of basic ratio analysis, and making simple farm projections based upon past performance. Explaining the marketing plan of the association. Observing and obtaining an understanding of how the Farm Credit System operates as a service-oriented cooperative. Reading and studying all manuals of instruction. At the completion of the intern program, submitting a written report reviewing all intern program activities. Attending an Association Board of Directors meeting and other public relations events. Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Must be entering junior or senior year at an accredited college or university before receiving a bachelor’s degree, entering a Master’s degree program, or recent graduate in Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Education (Agriculture Business Option) Agribusiness, Accounting, Business Finance, Business Administration, or other approved majors during internship.
- Student in good academic standing (3.0 grade point average)
- Career interest in agricultural or finance-accounting related occupation; has varied life experiences including community service and work-related involvements.
- Must be knowledgeable in general farm operations, farm management, and agricultural finance.
- Demonstrated financial, credit, or statistical analysis skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written English skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience using Outlook, Word, and Excel and other related software required to carry out the job responsibilities.
- Frequent travel of short duration to branch offices and/or industry partners may be required.
Equal Opportunity – Affirmative Action Employer M/F