Find a career in banking, finance, marketing, operations, and much more within the Farm Credit System.Search Careers
Career Opportunity: Regional Manager
The Regional Manager’s (RM) core responsibilities are centered on leading a dedicated staff and managing operations of one regional office location, as well as providing agricultural and financial expertise to and building strong relationships with customers and prospects for credit and related services. The incumbent will work closely with the Regional Vice President (RVP) in establishing sales, marketing, and customer service goals and plans and will be responsible for the management and supervision of his/her assigned office.
Leadership - The RM will lead and direct the activities of a regional office team. This will include developing business plans and objectives; establishing appropriate individual goals, tracking and monitoring performance versus plan; coaching, developing and counseling team members for higher performance; building and improving a strong team and processes; and motivating and inspiring team members.
Sales, Marketing & Customer Relationships – The RM will aggressively market credit and related services, establishing new market relationships that will contribute towards attainment of FCS goals and business objectives and will deliver “value added” informational services to the customer’s or prospect’s business operation. The RM must have a significant professional presence and active involvement in the local ag community.
Portfolio Management – The successful candidate must balance credit risk with portfolio growth, while creating innovative credit packages to meet customer needs and to balance what is best for both the customer and the Association
Qualifications & Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, or related field;
- Minimum of seven years’ experience in the agribusiness/farming industry, or a similar experience in agricultural credit or closely related field;
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional team leadership and team building skills.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, communication, supervision, problem solving, analytical, negotiating, influencing, and strategic selling skills.
- Must have or obtain expert knowledge of FCS loan products and services and credit operations; in-depth knowledge of farm production methods and products, farm business management, finance, macroeconomics; and an understanding of, and ability to use, various computer business/financial applications.
Competitive salary and benefits offered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Submit Cover Letter & Resume To: Farm Credit Illinois, ACA
Attn: HR Department
1100 Farm Credit Drive
Mahomet, IL 61853