Are you single-minded and impatient? Have you ever thought there is so much I haven’t finished today? Do you enjoy multi-tasking with projects that have to be right?
Do you want a job where 110%, precision and accuracy are expected?
Then AgVantis would like to talk to you.
AgVantis is looking for a Cognos expert to take our business intelligence to the next level. The successful candidate will bring their expertise to bear in providing end-to-end administration of our business intelligence and database systems to provide required functionality and data access while maintaining an acceptable security posture. Working with users to develop design specifications to meet their reporting needs. Using BI tools to develop data models and deliver reporting solutions to users according to those requirements.
- Develops, maintains, and supports the systems, tools, data models, and reports utilizing Cognos and other appropriate business intelligence tools to ensure the reporting needs of AgVantis and its customers are met.
- Supports AgVantis’ Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing systems using tools and skills including data management, database design, SQL, ETL and OLAP concepts
- Executes day-to-day administration of company database and reporting systems with minimal supervision
- Education including a bachelor’s degree in computer science, data processing, mathematics, business administration, or a related field.
- Experience of approximately 5 years in Cognos Administration.
- Expert Knowledge of relational and dimensional database technology, specifically MS SQL Server required; experience in Oracle is a plus.
- Extensive experience using a variety of ETL tools such as SSIS, Informatica, and DataStage.
- Working knowledge of programming/scripting languages to support efforts to development of automated database process such as PowerShell, .Net, Windows batch and T-SQL.
- Experience with a variety of Business Intelligence delivery systems specifically IBM Cognos and a variety of other systems such as Microsoft Power BI, SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or Tableau.
- Familiarity with database monitoring/performance tuning tools such as Redgate, Idera, or Imperva.