At Farm Credit Mid-America, we believe people are our strongest asset. We are consistently looking to hire individuals from a wide range of experience and capabilities who have a desire to serve. Currently, we have over 1,100 employees across Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee.
The Technical Support Analyst will assist employees in the effective use of network and PC-based hardware, PC-based software, web-based systems and mobile technologies. Also facilitate timely and accurate resolution of customer inquiries and problems related to access and use of company online services. Design and implement the association’s workstation strategy to deliver an exceptional user experience. This will include research, design, packaging, testing and deployment of Windows client platforms, desktop software and desktop infrastructure. Serve as a contact for employees on hardware and software installation and maintenance support. Provide technical work in the configuration, testing and installation of new and existing microcomputer-based systems. Lead and/or assist with coordination and end-user communication and training efforts to ensure successful implementation of new (or upgrades to existing) software systems, PC hardware, smartphones, tablets and broadband devices. Provide ongoing analysis, review and enhancements to users’ support processes, team workflows, and service desk best practices. Establishes policies and procedures to support automated packaging and deployment of the workstation operating systems and software applications through scripting and management tools.
TRAVEL: Approximately 20% with some overnight stays
- Participate in gathering requirements, developing specifications, analyzing options, and evaluating client computer systems, software and related tools to meet the needs of the organization. Gather and analyze information relating to potential solutions and recommend specific solutions to leadership.
- Provide operating systems design and functional expertise to assist in the development, configuration, deployment, and support of new or upgraded software configurations on corporate workstations. Develop scripts and utilities as needed to support processes involving client system management, configuration, and support.
- Analyze proposed new software, and software updates and upgrades, to determine dependencies and impacts to current workstation configurations. Works with other technology teams to identify dependencies and incompatibilities to provide stable, secured integration of software and other architectural updates on desktop and laptop images.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvement in processes and technology. Stays abreast of technology trends and current business challenges. Applies technology to solve business problems and create a better customer experience (internal and external).
- Manage change and configuration process for corporate desktops and laptops via documentation, tracking log, and development of production change requests.
- Document end user issues, solutions and process for problem resolutions in a call tracking system. Assists in updating technical knowledgebase with troubleshooting and problem resolution information.
- Provide phone and tablet support, external customer support with online tools, field office visits for rollouts, video conferencing support, new employee setups, software deployments, computer setups, team based approach to troubleshooting when needed, walkup support, on call after hours support and mailbox support. Serve as a technical lead on topics and increased involvement in planning for hardware/software rollouts and new technology.
- Communicate effectively with customers, Farm Credit Mid-America employees, Agribank staff, Farm Credit Services of America, and other vendors to process and account system activity an accurate and timely manner.
- Proactively manage client system using available tools including but not limited to software deployment, system discovery and inventory, patch management, image build and antivirus management consoles.
- Provide consultation to users in identifying client hardware and software needs, standards, options, and relevant procedures.
- Provide second-level and third-level support for incidents and problems involving client systems, peripherals, and software. Process service requests for client systems and applications. Coordinate effectively with other teams to solve issues that cross functional boundaries.
- Serve on project teams and on individual project assignments. Develop project plans as needed to meet or exceed requirements for timelines, budget and quality.
- Manage hardware and spares inventory. Ensure that adequate stock of equipment and supplies is available for current and near-term needs. Dispose of retired computer assets consistent with security, legal, finance, and regulatory requirements. Coordinate with vendors to repair or replace broken equipment. Maintain information required to manage equipment lifecycles.
- Monitor technology trends and developments on an ongoing basis to provide expertise regarding client systems hardware, operating systems, and applications.
- Provide consultation to Service Desk personnel regarding incident management and first-level support troubleshooting processes for client systems and software
- Provide subject matter expertise in the development of Business Technology standard and processes that involve client systems. Develop and maintain gold standard configurations for client hardware, operating systems, utilities, and applications.
- Represent and communicate the mission and values of Farm Credit Mid-America and complies with its conduct policy, security policy and confidentiality expectations.
- HDI Support Center Analyst and ITIL Foundations minimum certifications required for all grades.
Education and Experience
Associate degree completed in computer science, business or related field and at least 3 years’ experience configuring, installing, troubleshooting, and supporting Microsoft client systems in a corporate environment. OR at least 10 years of service desk support experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Key Competencies: integrity, motivational fit, problem solving, customer focus, teamwork, adaptability
Knowledge of: Current Microsoft operating systems, applications, and utilities. Laptop and desktop hardware and peripherals. Desktop management systems and tools.
Skills in: Strong verbal and written communications skills. Excellent troubleshooting skills.
Ability to: Maintain a high level of productivity and effectiveness in a team environment. Serve as a technical resource to others in Business Technology and the rest of the organization. Be proactive in identifying and offering solutions to problems and issues. Prioritize tasks and organize time to meet leadership and customer expectations. Some travel on short notice may be required. Technical ability to provide valuable input on technology purchases and serve as a knowledge expert in some technical areas.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
This job requires the incumbent to have the ability to…
- Engage in telephone and face-to-face conversation to serve customers and give and receive information from customers, staff, vendors, outside consultants and the public.
- Use computer. This involves reading the screen and keying/typing information.
- Speak and make presentations to individuals or groups on technical subjects related to job.
- Travel via auto or commercial transportation to carry out essential responsibilities of the job.
- Successfully interact with and represent the organization to customers, staff, officers, board members, vendors, and/or the public at all levels.
- Provide sound technical advice to customers and other staff in the subject field(s) related to this position.
- Understand and explain various subject matter and consulting concepts, programs, terminology, and methods.
- Reason, judge, compare, calculate, evaluate, decide, and critique such information as written material, numerical data, responses to customer needs, and/or other related work activities.
Requirements of the job include the ability to do the work, with or without reasonable accommodations. It is the Association's policy to make reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. Leadership retains the right to add, subtract or change duties of the position at any time.
Farm Credit Mid-America is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status or disability.