Each year, Farm Credit’s National Contributions Program provides $2 million in contributions to support agriculture and rural America. Additionally, local Farm Credit organizations give millions of dollars and thousands of volunteer hours annually to support local and regional community programs. All for one purpose — to support the future of agriculture and rural America.
In 2013, the Farm Credit National Contributions Program received a record number of applications that met the criteria for funding under our three focus areas – agriculture education and training, industry champions and public policy. Because of the increased demand and in order to be as strategic as possible with awards, there will be one review and award cycle for 2014 funding.
WHAT APPLICANTS NEED TO KNOW
- Applications for all National Farm Credit 2014 Grants & Sponsorships are due on October 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm EDT
- All organizations applying for 2014 funding that received funding in 2012 and/or 2013 are required to complete and submit a post program/event evaluation report, which can be found at the following link: Farm Credit National Contributions Funding Report
- The online application system has been updated to improve the user experience and give partners greater access to information related to their applications, including approval status and payment information. Applicants will need to create a new user profile, and can begin their 2014 applications today at the following link: http://ow.ly/p8GRW
2014 REVIEW AND FUNDING TIMELINE
October 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm EDT:
- Deadline for all 2014 National Contributions funding applications
- Deadline for 2012-2013 post program/event reports
December 2013: Award notifications will be made
January 2014: Funds will be paid out
Please note: Farm Credit's National Contributions Program is not able to provide grants, sponsorships or start-up funding to individual producers at this time.